Presenting credible, reliable HR analytics
Presenting credible and reliable HR analytics with preventative strategies aligned with strategic business outcomes will significantly build greater awareness but above all, HR reports will become as important if not THE most important insight the business has of its performance.
Introducing meaningful and credible HR analytics and reports that are to be discussed alongside business/financials is likely to grab the attention of Executives if reports demonstrate a bottom line impact to the overall performance of business.
By meaningful, we mean HR analytics that create predictive insight into what the data represents 3, 6, or even 12 months from now with preventative strategies to address potentially high risk scenarios, such as identifying critical talent at risk of leaving or serious OHS ramifications if particular circumstances go unaddressed.
Below are some helpful tips to get you on track to creating meaningful HR reports.
- Identify workforce data/metrics that are relevant and that matter to the business. Engage the business and particularly the Executive team through this process.
- Improve the accuracy and reliability of the data by ensuring appropriate business systems are in place to automate the process as much as possible.
- Ensure data is captured and analysed across the entire business (departmentally/regionally).
- Seek input from senior managers to verify cause and effect so that your reporting is objective and you have taken into consideration the particular challenges and or circumstances facing a particular area of the business during the reporting period, prior to introducing preventative strategies.
- Ensure these strategies can be applied at a local and whole of business level through the introduction of practical application training.
- Equip front line managers with the necessary skills and coaching to improve results.
- Support this with meaningful performance and reward measures in all manager performance plans (accountability) and you will soon begin to see shifts in mind set and behaviours which ultimately leads to greater employee engagement and greater contribution towards the achievement of business outcomes.
Author: Kez Tacar, Director, The HR Landscape Pty Ltd.